To arise students' awareness in Business, a subject
called Business Fundamentals is introduced to F1 and F2 syllabus.
Moral and Civic Education
The theme of Moral and Civic Education is to nurture a
whole and balanced person, with a strong sense of moral values, one who will
contribute to the well-being of society and the nation, and eventually to
the world at large. Students will have moral and civic education period once
every two weeks and it will be operated on a two-week cycle. The teachers
will take turn to go into these classes. Classes not having this period for
that week will have no lessons for that period and are free to leave.
Students should be trained to:
1. Identify the values that contribute to building
their moral character such as perseverance, respect for others,
responsibility and moral courage.
2. Understand Chinese family traditions and know the qualities that
build familyunity such as love, responsibility towards family members,
respect among family members, commitment, etc.
3. Understand the importance of teamwork and graciousness that will
enable them to work well in community.
4. Understand some concerns of the community and identify the ways that
could contribute to the community.
A reading session is added in the last period of Friday.
Through this, we hope students can understand the joys of reading and carry
on this habit outside school.
The aims are:
1. To help students form a reading habit.
2. To help improve the students' language proficiency.
3. To broaden students' horizon.
4. To create a positive reading atmosphere in our school environment.
Guidelines on what to be read:
5. Travel and adventure
6. English Readers (for F.3-7 only)
Guidelines on what NOT to be read:
1. Textbooks, Workbooks
2. English Readers (for F.1&2 only)
5. References for HKCEE & HKAL
6. Obscene materials